The outbreak of COVID-19, more often referred to as Coronavirus, has had an unprecedented effect on the world. Along with managing the changes to our daily lives, stress and anxiety about the virus can have a considerable negative impact on our mental and physical health.
Here’s a list of coping strategies that have helped us manage the day-to-day of these uncertain times:
- Stay connected: Today’s technology makes it easy to stay in touch with loved ones. From FaceTime to Zoom, the resources for face to face are endless.
- …But not too connected: While it is important to keep up to date on the news, and daily coronavirus developments, limiting your daily consumption can help protect your mental health.
- Self-care: Taking care of yourself is key to making it through social distancing, quarantining, lockdowns, and life! While many may have had their daily routines flipped on their head, attempting to maintain a sense of normalcy or routine can aid in reducing stress.
During a time of global pandemic, it is important that we manage our expectations and be kind with ourselves and others. The entire CarGurus team is here to support you. We’ve compiled a list of resources to provide helpful tips, reliable information, and stress-free, fun ways to pass the time.
Coping, mindfulness, and meditation resources:
- COVID-19 Curated Meditations for Mind & Body
- How to Use Mindfulness in a Pandemic, Vox
- Headspace (Free meditation and mindfulness resources)
- Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety, Harvard Medical
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Mental health and COVID-19, Public Health Agency of Canada
- Feeling Anxious About the Coronavirus Pandemic? Here’s How to Take Control
Resources for parents and caregivers:
- Student Wellness and COVID-19
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting from COVID-19
- List of General Links for Child Specific Resources Regarding COVID-19
Zoos and animals:
- African watering hole
- Daily live behind-the-scenes at the Toronto Zoo
- Shark tank livestream at the Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada
Art and music:
- Tour of the Louvre
- Draw Every Day with Jarrett J. Krosoczka, livestream every weekday at 2:00 PM EDT or use archived art activities
- List of live virtual concerts to watch
Topics: covid-19, mental health