As shoppers increasingly conduct research and make purchases online, digital retail is key to succeeding in today’s tech-driven automotive industry. Shoppers are searching on CarGurus to find the best deals for their next car – for you, it’s just a matter of reaching them with the right vehicles.
Get started on CarGurus Delivery Indicator
- Identify your delivery costs and capacity, especially if you partner with a vendor for delivery logistics
- Decide how you want to reach buyers with CarGurus Delivery Indicator
- Choose your delivery radius
- Decide if and how much to charge buyers for delivery
- Identify vehicles to list for delivery – you can exclude vehicles below a certain price from the program
- Write out a return policy that includes a 14-day return option for vehicles that don’t match their description
Maximize your success
- Regularly ensure your vehicle descriptions, trim, and options are accurate
- Price your stock with a good distribution of great, good, and fair deals
- Provide the right customer experience
- Build trust by responding to inquiries quickly
- Explain what the online purchase process consists of for your shopper
- Video chat with the shopper to honestly showcase the good and the bad of your vehicles
- Review the vehicle description, trim, and options listed on CarGurus for the vehicles that the shopper is interested in
- Review metrics such as:
- The number of vehicles you’ve shipped
- The amount VDP views and leads from CarGurus Delivery listings – find this in your Dealer Dashboard!
- The walk-in traffic from shoppers who traveled further distances to your dealership
A delivery vehicle may require more effort and digital solutions than an in-person experience, but following these steps will help you satisfy more happy customers. To learn more about participating, call 800-CARGURUS.