The auto industry has endured tremendous changes over the past two years as the world continues to deal with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, for many dealers, 2021 was a year of recovery, profitability, and hope. And at CarGurus, we also accomplished a lot in 2021, and we’re excited about the future of our industry and our continued commitment to supporting you and your business.
We took a moment to reflect on everything we did in 2021—here are some of the highlights that defined the year.
We announced new features and product enhancements with you in mind
You asked for new features and product updates—and we delivered! Here are a few highlights:
- Dealer Dashboard Lead Report enhancements made it easier to view and manage your CarGurus lead details all on one page and filter leads by priority
- We added Facebook Messenger’s chat platform to VDPs as an option for the Managed Text & Chat shopper experience
- “Home Delivery” badges were added to all Area Boost listings to increase buyer discoverability of these vehicles
- A “New: Just added” badge displays on paying dealers’ new inventory to help drive buyer engagement
- The new SRP “How to shop” filter has been added to improve the customer shopping experience
Have a feature request? We’re always listening to our dealer partners. Get in touch with your rep to let us know.
We hosted dealers online for our third annual Navigate conference
This year, despite being virtual again, we hosted hundreds of dealers for actionable workshops and inspiring keynotes designed to ignite personal and professional growth.
Didn’t make it live? Don’t worry! You can still watch the recorded sessions. And we’re excited to do it all again in person next year, in Boston!
We reinforced car-buying confidence with a new national TV campaign
To help drive more leads and sales to your dealership, we launched a new TV ad campaign called “Consumer Confidence.” The three spots highlight the transparent car-buying experience CarGurus provides, aiming to reinforce the benefits of shopping on our site to consumers.
We launched valuable content for you
We dug into our data, surveyed consumers across the country, and created valuable resources to help you navigate the evolving landscape. These were some of your favorites:
CarGurus reached an exciting milestone
In addition to all these improvements, our commitment to partnerships also meant that in Q2, we officially achieved profitability in Canada! This accomplishment is a testament to the partnerships and trust we have developed with our dealers throughout Canada, and we’re so thankful for your continued trust and support.
Looking ahead to 2022
Building on the success of 2021 and our commitment to the Canadian market and our customers, we have big plans for 2022. Here’s what you can expect in the new year:
- We’ll bring more products to market, including many that have been influential for dealers in the US.
- We’ll continue to scale our website traffic and audience, increasing the visibility of our dealership customers and the vehicles on their lots.
- We’ll build on our commitment to developing a transparent and trustworthy digital destination where dealers can reach the right shoppers and sell with confidence.
Ready for 2022? Reach out to your rep today and make sure your dealership is set up for success.