As we all know, 2020 has been an unprecedented year that has challenged us in ways we never anticipated. Dealership shutdowns, economic uncertainty, and more—yet, our dealer partners have pressed on, demonstrating resilience in the face of extraordinary circumstances.
Despite today’s unique environment, we’ve all accomplished a lot, so we took a moment to reflect on everything we did in 2020. Here are some of the highlights.
We launched new products and features
You asked for new products and features—and we answered! From the launch of CarGurus Area Boost to continued enhancements to the Dealer Dashboard, we worked hard to bring our dealers better tools and products to help them succeed. Check them out:
- CarGurus.ca Display. We launched CarGurus.ca Display over the spring to help dealers build their brand and drive more traffic directly to their dealership website through branded ads on their CarGurus VDPs.
- Area Boost. In July, we introduced Area Boost, our latest offering that helps dealers expand their reach by showing their deliverable listings to shoppers outside their local market.
- Dealer Dashboard. In October, we brought a new, refreshed navigation to the Dealer Dashboard to save you time and help you easily access key dashboard functions, such as your package performance, leads, and market insights.
- IMV Scan. In November, launched IMV Scan, a new tool that allows our dealer partners to use a VIN to get an estimated Instant Market Value (IMV) and receive a breakdown of the price ranges for each deal rating – all before adding the vehicle and price to their inventory feed.
We moved quickly to support you during these challenging times
When Covid came crashing onto the scene earlier this year, we quickly set up our Driving Difference Resource Center to help dealers find creative solutions to current challenges and provide a dose of positivity with its namesake contest. We also discounted our services to support our dealer partners. Here are some additional resources we created to help dealers navigate Covid:
- Remote Sales Solutions. Products and features designed to help you sell more cars remotely.
- COVID-19 Sentiment Studies. Ongoing research that keeps a pulse on car shoppers’ sentiments around car shopping.
- Rewriting the script: Covid-19 and the auto industry. A report that dives into the overall impact the pandemic has had on the automotive industry.
We launched valuable content for you
We gathered key insights from industry leaders, created interactive web pages, and produced useful content to equip our dealer partners with the tools they need to get through 2020. Here are some of our favorites:
- Four key digital marketing trends for a new 2020
- How to leverage your Top Rated Dealer status all year long
- Top used car searches, by state
- CarGurus teams up with Calldrip to help dealers close more deals
- …and more!
We shared actionable dealer marketing tactics at Navigate
While we were disappointed we couldn’t be together in person for Navigate this year, we still were able to share new strategies for adapting to a rapidly-changing consumer climate. Didn’t make it live? Don’t worry! You can still watch the recorded sessions. And we’re excited to do it all again next year, October 13-14, 2021!
Don’t want to miss what’s in store for 2021? Get in touch with your rep today to make sure your dealership is set up for success.